Friday, March 03, 2006

Gasp

I'm alive.

How many recent posts have started with a variation of that line? Too many, and almost all of them are followed by a pledge to write more posts here. I'm not going to do that this time, because it's not much fun repeating myself.

It's getting to the end of Reading Week now (so much free time, and it's been spent running stupid errands and editing a technical report), and I haven't done any real relaxing. Sure I've been sleeping til noon (most days) and not doing much, but it hasn't been relaxing.

It's been sunny every morning, so every morning I've woken up drenched in sweat in an oven. That's a bad start to any day, and the place never cools off, even with the windows open. I know nobody likes when I complain about the heat, so this is the last you'll hear of it. Ever. My personal guarantee.

I've had a few interviews for my work placement, and I think they've gone fairly well. I had some trouble relaxing for both of them, and as a result I stuttered pretty much right through them. Sadly the interview for the place I really wanted to go to was the interview I couldn't string two words together for (one million English teachers just clutched their heads and screamed as I finished writing that), but I think I managed to get my point across and hopefully made a good impression.

I'm supposedly getting set up with another interview, but I don't know when that's going to happen (Jim the course coordinator sent my resume off to another place yesterday). So in the meantime I'm editing the technical report for our mechanical engineering team. I should have started this earlier, but hey, I'm lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home