Thursday, February 16, 2006

Time off

My morning class today got cancelled, so I got to sleep til almost noon. It was great. It was like my weekend came a day early but I can't start doing anything because I have to go learn about FrameMaker at 3 o'clock. Hm, there's supposed to be a test coming up in that class, but I don't know if it's this week or next week.

Oh well, FrameMaker isn't that hard to use. It's confusing to learn, but once you figure out where the tools are hidden, it's fairly simple to manipulate. It feels horribly archaic, but apparently its very popular in industry, so we have to know it.

My mini manual assignment is due next Thursday, and sadly I have yet to start it. It only has to be 6 pages (minimum) and I'm doing it on the Internet Scrabble Club client. Remember my old posts about playing Scrabble online? I'm going to start doing that again. And not just because I need screenshots of the installation and registration process...

You know what's really disappointing? When the campus computer store sells the Adobe and Macromedia creative suites for 10% of the retail price, but don't have any in stock. I went in there yesterday after class, and the only Adobe suite they had was the Mac version, which is completely useless to me. No Macromedia ones at all (and I really wanted a copy of Dreamweaver).

They had half a shelf of useful software, and an entire wall of board games. In the computer store. I hate Algonquin sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home