Friday, August 26, 2005

Feeling the crunch

My parents are flying in for a visit tomorrow, school is starting on Monday and I still don't know if I'm accepted, and I'm sure there's something else going on that I've completely forgotten about. I should really be cleaning my apartment (have a bathroom and kitchen to mop up, not to mention a pile of dishes to wash and maybe a living room to dust), but instead I'm sitting here complaining about how much stuff I have to do.

I think I've found the unemployed version of the "I have so much work to do" complaint, traditionally delivered over a cup of coffee or pint of beer while not doing anything else. I've seen it from students, I've done it as a student, I've seen it from professionals, and now I've done it as a bum. It's a universal truth, people prefer to complain about what they have to do rather than do it.

My msn icon is Professor Farnsworth throwing up his hands in exasperation, which has matched my mood for a good week and a half now. I also have Bender getting electrocuted, but I tend to save him for when I have so much going on I can't keep up with it. I'm sure that'll happen sooner or later.

Eventually I might have to pull out Zoidberg sitting in the dumpster, but hopefully not for a while.

I like using Futurama characters to represent my mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home