Thursday, April 27, 2006

This is the way the semester ends

Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Classes ended on Tuesday, and I found myself unexpectedly sad by that fact. I didn't really enjoy going to class, but I'm going to miss them. Probably because now I have to look at working, and getting on with my life. Real life is scary, and my academic refuge from reality has lapsed in its ability to protect me. I must face this new challenge, head held high, a rock against the current.

Right after I get the user manual finished up. After some revisions and minor re-writes on Tuesday, I decided to start looking for pictures to illustrate what I want to do. I should probably just draw them, like I did for my tutorial, but my wobbly lines will look far too out of place.

Anyway, I was trying to find a picture of a bearing in a pillow block, and in the process I found out that the little nipple used to grease the bearing is called a zerk. I've been telling everyone I can about this, and I honestly don't know why. Maybe it's just fun to say. Zerk.

Yesterday was a write-off, because my brother decided to not go to work, and to go golfing instead. Scared the hell out of me in the morning, but I got over it.

The golf course was like a sponge. Water everywhere, squishing out of the ground with every step. It was raining pretty heavily for two days, so I don't know why he thought it would be a good idea to go golfing. especially seeing how today is nice and sunny. Oh well.

I had a horrible front 9 and an even worse back 9, and wound up shooting 122. My wedge decided to not give me any distance at all, and almost all of those strokes were very short wedge shots. My driving was good, putting was the same as it always is, but my short game was embarassing.

Guild Wars: Factions releases tomorrow, and my enthusiasm for it is at an all-time low. I'm preoccupied with schoolwork, and all my gaming time is occupied by Oblivion (I'm hopelessly addicted). I think I've played Guild Wars once since I installed Oblivion, and I've definitely failed in my quest to capture every elite skill before factions was released.

Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home